The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is the leading business association of European and international commerce that promotes the values of free trade and sustainable supply chains. FTA represents over 1,900 retailers, importers and brand manufacturers to promote and defend free trade and supports their international business by providing information and practical solutions towards sustainability in the international supply chain.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) to provide companies with a practical and efficient system to improve social compliance in global supply chains. In 2011, in light of the success of BSCI, FTA adopted a new governance structure and integrates sustainability into its core business. In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to support companies committed to improving environmental performance in their supply chain. Today, FTA unites more than 1,900 member companies. These members reflect the diversity of the commercial sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin. By working together and taking a common approach, our members have a greater impact than acting alone.
With a new management team in place, the FTA has brought together its Social and Environmental initiatives under FTA Sustainability with a clear and focused vision of supporting our members in delivering Sustainable Supply Chains that make a real difference in peoples lives.
We are looking for two Auditing Quality/Operations Coordinators based in Hong Kong to support the Auditing department in daily activities.
This role reports directly to the Auditing Managers based in Brussels and dotted line to FTA Representative Greater Chain as part of the local team.
Key tasks and responsibilities – Greater China
- Audit Quality & Operations
- Implement and coordinate the BSCI audit quality programme / strategy as defined by the Secretariat
- Measure the proper implementation of BSCI guidelines by auditors/auditing companies
- Support Service Providers and Auditors for Audit quality surveillance
- Supporting System Protocols (Zero Tolerances) as appropriate
- Provide progress report on the audit quality activities
- Strategic quality engagement with Auditing Companies / Auditors in China
- Conduct surveillance audits and office audits for Auditing Companies
- Coordinate technical auditing related requests from Auditing Companies and members
- Support investigations and provide auditing technical judgement
- Lead for investigation of Auditing related quality and corruption cases
- Handle audit related complaint cases which are handled by HK office admin
- Strategic Operations projects in Greater China
- Technical development & implementation of BSCI and BEPI operations
- Coordinate and support the implementation of ongoing projects
- Meet and report with potential strategic project partners
- Strategic development and implementation of future projects lead by the Secretariat
- Working Group / Task Forces / Calibration Meetings
Professional Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor / Master degree
- A trained Auditor with experience of BSCI Auditing
- Min. 3 to 5 years of working experience of which 2 years in auditing social system
- Strong ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive, dynamic and open personality
- Fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin is a must- additional languages are an asset
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Driven by a strong interest in CSR and sustainability topics
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Office, notably Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel (30% in China, at least once a year to Brussels)
- A HK Work Permit would be an advantage
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a world-leading business sustainability association at a most exciting and crucial phase in its development, as it seeks to bring fundamental and lasting improvements to global supply chains
- An international environment with an interesting and challenging field of activities.
- HK employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme.
- Continuous personal and professional development
The two positions are located in Hong Kong.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com