The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is the leading business association of European and international commerce that promotes the values of free trade and sustainable supply chains. FTA represents over 2,000 retailers, importers and brand manufacturers to promote and defend free trade and supports their international business by providing information and practical solutions towards sustainability in the international supply chain.
Purpose of the National Contact Groups
The purpose of a National Network (NN) is to increase engagement and dialogue between FTA members participating its sustainability initiatives (BSCI and/or BEPI), as well as with stakeholders and media at the respective national level. The FTA encourages the creation and development of FTA National Network (NNs) in the countries where its members are located and have a desire to do so. It is also a good medium to have a close relationship with different stakeholders whether, local governmental bodies, local NGOs, and others.
To support the FTA Network in Europe, we are recruiting a Network Manager - EU. The Manager will act as the main contact person for the local coordinators, based in different European countries, to ensure that the coordinators implement the annual FTA Network action plan for their respective country, in close collaboration with both the NCG Chair and the FTA Secretariat.
This position reports to the Senior Director Sustainability Darrell Doren.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the European Network Coordinators
- Assist the FTA European NN on the plans and implementation of their national Membership development and support FTA Strategy
- Assist in the development and execution of market analysis and market penetration strategy provided by NCG Network
- Plan strategic European membership acquisitions, in line with FTA’s annual action plan.
- Support the dialogue with stakeholders at European level (in cooperation with FTA’s Stakeholder Engagement team)
- Assist with Governmental affairs engagements
- Support and engage members at European local level.
- Ensure exchange of information and best practice sharing among coordinators as well as with experts and stakeholders
- Coordinates the consistency of the messages of the Coordinators about FTA at EU Level
- Oversees the allocation of CB trainings to different Coordinators
- Be the main point of contact for gathering local sustainability policies
- Manage the Coordinators contracts
Professional Skills and Abilities
- Management skills
- Dynamic and open personality with excellent communication skills
- Excellent English, German is a plus, other languages are welcome
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in supply chain or retail and sustainability
- Extensive managerial experience
- Experience in working as part of a multi-cultural team
- Has his/her own Stakeholder networks
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- The opportunity to join a leading business and sustainability association
- An international environment with an interesting and challenging field of activities.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org